Grafana Cloud support
There are differing types of Grafana Cloud account options, including a free tier. Each has a different feature set and different level of support provided. A feature comparison is available on the pricing page.
The Free and Pro tiers are considered to be self-serve, meaning these options for users who want to do things themselves, involving sales or support only when the account is not functioning or when wanting to upgrade.
Sometimes it is useful to log in to an account from multiple locations concurrently. With Grafana Cloud accounts are limited to three concurrent sessions.
NOTE: Before you open a support ticket for a service problem, check status.grafana.com to see if there are any known issues.
Account types and support available for Grafana Cloud users
There are 3 types of Grafana Cloud accounts:
- Free: A Free account is a great way for small teams and hobbyists to get started. Features are limited, but provide a good mix of what you need to get started with observability. This is also a good way to check things out and see what Grafana Cloud is like. See
pricing for details on included features. Support is limited to this documentation set and queries in the
public community forums, except for issues like broken accounts. For account-related issues that are not related to “How do I make Grafana Cloud do something?”, click Open a Support Ticket from the
- Pro: Pro is intended for growing use cases, for teams and workloads that require scale, security, and collaboration. Users here are expected to begin with documentation and queries in the
public community forums, however, 8x5 email support is available. Click Open a Support Ticket from the Cloud Portal with questions you just can’t seem to solve on your own. Please note that if you choose to connect an on-premise open-source (OSS) Grafana instance to your Grafana Cloud services, our support team can help with issues on the Grafana Cloud side but will be unable to assist in troubleshooting issues that arise within your on-premise Grafana installation.
- Advanced: Here we leap into significant and unique needs. Advanced is for large-scale metrics and logs gathering, teams with mission-critical workloads, and teams with many users. These accounts require contacting us to help us figure out your needs, design a solution, and help you set it up. Full support is provided both through the Open a Support Ticket button in the Cloud Portal or talk to your account executive, support engineer, or technical account manager.
Enterprise features available to Pro and Advanced accounts
Several features of the on-premise Grafana Enterprise are available by default to Grafana Cloud users with Pro and Advanced account types. All work the same as in Grafana Enterprise, except where the features require access to the host server for configuration. Read the linked pages to learn about prerequisites and setup.
NOTE: In the links in the list below, you may encounter notes saying these features are only available in Grafana Enterprise starting with a specific version. Grafana Cloud is updated regularly, so you should see these features right away. If you do not, you can either wait a week or two for an update or open a support ticket to request your Grafana Cloud instance be updated and restarted ahead of schedule.
These features include:
- LDAP authentication: For LDAP authentication and Enhanced LDAP authentication you must open a support ticket for assistance. See Adding an LDAP configuration for more information.
- Reporting: Reporting enables you to automatically generate PDFs from any of your dashboards and email them to addresses you designate on a schedule you set.
- SAML authentication: For SAML authentication you must open a support ticket for assistance. See Using SAML for more information.
- Team Sync: Team Sync enables synchronization between your auth provider’s teams and Grafana. This is available once LDAP, SAML, or OAuth2 are set up. Let support know this is part of what you want when you contact them to set up your authentication.
- Usage insights: Usage insights give you a better understanding of how your Grafana instance is used.