When you create an SLO, Grafana generates recording rules, dashboards, and alerts. The recording rules query your SLI and record it as a new metric.
Dashboards show the error budget, your alert status, and other metrics pertaining to your SLO. Alerts indicate details like whether you are burning error budget too quickly.
Overview Monitoring of SLOs
Track the status of all your SLOs using the SLO Overview Dashboard. At a glance, quickly identify crucial operational information such as:
- the number of SLIs that are performing above or below your SLO.
- the SLI performance over a selected time range.
- error budget remaining for each SLO.
Note: you must have one or more SLOs created in order to view the SLO Overview Dashboard.
Individual Monitoring of SLOs
Track detailed information about an individual SLO using the SLO Individual Dashboard. This view provides information such as:
- a visualization of the SLI value, and snapshot values of the current SLI value and objective value
- a visualization of the error budget trend and error budget burn rate, and the error budget remaining
- links to any active SLO alerts
There are two ways of accessing the dashboards for your SLOs.
From the SLO Overview page, click View dashboard on one of the SLOs.
From the Manage SLOs page, click the Name of a SLO.
Generating Reports of SLO Dashboards
From the SLO Overview Dashboard or SLO Individual Dashboards, you can easily share your dashboard and generate reporting. Currently this is available in Grafana Cloud Pro and Advanced and in Grafana Enterprise. Learn more here.