Graphite is an open source monitoring system first developed by Chris Davis at Orbitz in 2006, and has since been adopted by various other contributors.
The Graphite ecosystem provides a scalable platform for gathering and storing time-series data, and a powerful suite of functions to query and analyze that data over time.
Grafana Labs is proud to support the development of the Graphite project by employing Graphite maintainers, building first-class support for Graphite into Grafana, and ensuring Grafana customers receive Graphite support and features they need.
Some particular contributions from Grafana Labs to Graphite include support for tags and a rewrite of the clustering subsystem. In the broader Graphite ecosystem, we also work on carbon-relay-ng and metrictank.
Sign up for Grafana ObservabilityCON 2021 (Nov 8-10) to attend expert-led sessions on observability and the Grafana Stack, including a user story on migrating from an in-house Graphite solution to Grafana Cloud, plus the latest on Loki, Prometheus, Tempo.
Products and Services
Grafana Cloud: Graphite
Import your historical data and unify all your metrics seamlessly within Grafana Cloud.
- Highly scalable Graphite metrics storage
- Custom long-term retention per original schemas (default 24 months)
- 100% of metrics collected. Zero sampling and zero aggregation.
Enterprise Support for Graphite
- Get support and training from Graphite maintainers and experts.
- 24x7x365 coverage from our geographically distributed team.
- Per-node pricing scales with your deployment.