Graphite is an open source monitoring system first developed by Chris Davis at Orbitz in 2006, and has since been adopted by various other contributors.
The Graphite ecosystem provides a scalable platform for gathering and storing time-series data, and a powerful suite of functions to query and analyze that data over time.
Grafana Labs is proud to support the development of the Graphite project by employing Graphite maintainers, building first-class support for Graphite into Grafana, and ensuring Grafana customers receive Graphite support and features they need.
Some particular contributions from Grafana Labs to Graphite include support for tags and a rewrite of the clustering subsystem. In the broader Graphite ecosystem, we also work on carbon-relay-ng and metrictank.
Products and Services
Grafana Cloud: Hosted Graphite
- Use our high-performance, Graphite-compatible hosted metrics service to easily and efficiently store metrics for your entire organization.
- Durably store metrics for 2 years for historical analysis.
- No commitments: Pay for only what you use with our usage-based pricing.
Enterprise Support for Graphite
- Get support and training from Graphite maintainers and experts.
- 24x7x365 coverage from our geographically distributed team.
- Per-node pricing scales with your deployment.