Grafana allows you to query, visualize, alert on and understand your metrics no matter where they are stored. Create, explore, and share beautiful dashboards with your team and foster a data driven culture.
The easiest way to get started is with Grafana Cloud, our fully composable observability stack.
The evolution of Grafana
Since it was started in 2014, Grafana has become one of the most popular open source projects on GitHub.
- Improved UX and page design
- New grid layout system for flexible dashboard building
- Dashboard Folders
- Datasource/dashboards config from files
- Explore for ad-hoc data exploration and troubleshooting
- Gauge Panel
- New Panel Editor UX improvements
- Google Stackdriver Datasource released
- Azure Monitor plugin core datasource
- React plugin support
- Named colors for improved color picking
- Removal of user session storage
- New Panel Editor
- Explore new tracing UI
- Usage insights for enterprise customers
- Transformations and simple Math operations for all data sources
- New plugins platform
- Cloudwatch support
- Time zone support
- Unified alerts
- Library panels for improved dashboards
- Real-time streaming
- Fine-grained access control
- Data source query caching
- New panels for bar charts, state timeline, histogram
- Plugin catalog
“The goal when creating Grafana was to make the things I found hard, and other people found hard, more easy and accessible. That way, more people could actually start instrumenting their applications and creating dashboards by themselves. Make the tools of observability accessible to everyone in an organization, not just the single Ops person.”
CGO, Co-founder, Grafana Labs
Community-driven development is at the heart of Grafana
Built on open source
- 800k+ active installs
- 46K GitHub stars
Driven by the community
- 10M+ global users
- 1,550+ contributors
Choose the version of Grafana that’s best for you
Get Grafana fully managed with Grafana Cloud or run on your own infrastructure with self-managed options.
Centralize the analysis, visualization, and alerting for all of your data with Grafana.
For users who prefer to set up, administer, and maintain their own installation.
Offered as a fully managed service, Grafana Cloud is the fastest way to adopt Grafana and includes a scalable, managed backend for metrics, logs, and traces.
Managed and administered by Grafana Labs with free and paid options for individuals, teams, and large enterprises.
Includes a robust free tier with access to 10k metrics, 50GB logs and 50GB traces for 3 users.
Grafana’s powerful visualization and alerting, enhanced with access to Enterprise data source plugins and built-in collaboration features.
For organizations that have specific privacy or security requirements and need a self-managed environment.