Export to Amazon S3
You can use the Cloud Log Export feature to export your logs from Grafana Cloud Logs to your own long-term storage on Amazon S3 storage.
Before you begin
Before you begin you need the following:
- Amazon Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM) role
- If you are creating a versioned bucket you also need:
- GetObjectVersion permission
- GetObjectVersionAttributes permission
To create an Amazon S3 logs export bucket, complete the following steps:
- In Grafana, click Administration > Plugins in the side navigation menu to view installed plugins.
- Search for Cloud logs exporter.
- On the Cloud Logs Export screen, click Set up a bucket.
- On the Create a Logs Export Bucket page, select Amazon S3 as your target cloud provider.
- Create an S3 bucket to export your logs to using the example code.
- Grant the Cloud Logs Export service access to the bucket by creating and attaching a bucket policy statement.
- Edit your policy statement to include the sample code. The wizard provides sample code for both a versioned bucket and a non versioned bucket.
- Apply the updated policy. The wizard provides a sample AWS command that you can modify.
- Specify your bucket details.
- Specify a Bucket Name.
- Select the Bucket Region from the menu.
- Click Test. Grafana tests if the exporter has access to the cloud bucket. You should see the message “Bucket connection was successful.”
- If the validation passes, click Submit to create the bucket.
Was this page helpful?
Related resources from Grafana Labs
Additional helpful documentation, links, and articles:
Getting started with your metrics, logs, and traces in Grafana Cloud
Learn to use the best open source observability software (Grafana, Prometheus, Loki, and Tempo) without the overhead of managing and scaling your own stack.
Kubernetes monitoring, out-of-the-box with Grafana Cloud
In this webinar you’ll learn how Grafana offers developers and SREs a simple and quick-to-value solution for monitoring their Kubernetes infrastructure.
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Datadog, Splunk, MongoDB, and more
In this webinar, learn how to leverage Grafana's plugin ecosystem for access to 80+ data sources, including plugins for Datadog, Splunk, MongoDB, and more.