Install on Windows
You can either download the Windows installer package or a standalone Windows binary file.
Read Upgrading Grafana for tips and guidance on updating an existing installation.
- Navigate to Download Grafana.
- Select a Grafana version you want to install.
- The most recent Grafana version is selected by default.
- The Version field displays only finished releases. If you want to install a beta version, click Nightly Builds and then select a version.
- Select an Edition.
- Enterprise - Recommended download. Functionally identical to the open source version, but includes features you can unlock with a license if you so choose.
- Open Source - Functionally identical to the enterprise version, but you will need to download the enterprise version if you want enterprise features.
- Click Windows.
You can either use the Windows installer or you can install a standalone Windows binary.
Install with Windows installer (recommended)
- Click Download the installer.
- Open and run the installer.
Install standalone Windows binary
Click Download the zip file. Important: After you’ve downloaded the zip file and before extracting it, make sure to open the properties for that file (right-click Properties) and select the
unblockcheck box and then click
Extract this folder to anywhere you want Grafana to run from.
Start Grafana by executing
grafana-server.exe, located in the
bindirectory, preferably from the command line. If you want to run Grafana as a Windows service, then download NSSM. It is very easy to add Grafana as a Windows service using that tool.
Note: The default Grafana port is
3000. This port might require extra permissions on Windows. If it does not appear in the default port, you can try changing to a different port.
- Go into the
confdirectory and copy
custom.ini. Note: You should edit
custom.iniand uncomment the
http_portconfiguration option (
;is the comment character in ini files) and change it to something like
8080or similar. That port should not require extra Windows privileges. Read more about the configuration options.