Assign or remove Grafana server administrator privileges
Grafana server administrators are responsible for creating users, organizations, and managing permissions. For more information about the server administration role, refer to Grafana server administrators.
Note: Server administrators are “super-admins” with full permissions to create, read, update, and delete all resources and users in all organizations, as well as update global settings such as licenses. Only grant this permission to trusted users.
Before you begin
- Add a user
- Ensure you have Grafana server administrator privileges
To assign or remove Grafana administrator privileges:
- Sign in to Grafana as a server administrator.
- Hover your cursor over the Server Admin (shield) icon until a menu appears, and click Users.
- Click a user.
- In the Grafana Admin section, click Change.
- Click Yes or No, depending on whether or not you want this user to have the Grafana server administrator role.
- Click Change.
The system updates the user’s permission the next time they load a page in Grafana.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.