Dynamic Configuration Cookbook
The purpose of this cookbook is to guide you through common scenarios of using dynamic configuration. Each section contains increasingly more complex use cases, but feel free to jump in wherever you feel appropriate.
The basic section covers
- The Structure of how agent and server templates are loaded
- How metrics Instances are loaded
- How Integrations are loaded
- How Logs and Traces are loaded
The Templates section includes
- Looping with basic command usage and simple loops
- Datasource covers usage of external datastores you can use to pull in data as new data sources.
- Datasources and Objects covers the usage of complex json objects
The Advanced section includes
- The AWS example queries EC2 for instances.