Important: This documentation is about an older version. It's relevant only to the release noted, many of the features and functions have been updated or replaced. Please view the current version.
Assign or remove Grafana server administrator privileges
Grafana server administrators are responsible for creating users, organizations, and managing permissions. For more information about the server administration role, refer to Grafana server administrators.
Note: Server administrators are “super-admins” with full permissions to create, read, update, and delete all resources and users in all organizations, as well as update global settings such as licenses. Only grant this permission to trusted users.
Before you begin
- Add a user
- Ensure you have Grafana server administrator privileges
To assign or remove Grafana administrator privileges:
- Sign in to Grafana as a server administrator.
- Click Administration in the left-side menu, and then Users.
- Click a user.
- In the Permissions section, next to Grafana Admin, click Change.
- Click Yes or No, depending on whether or not you want this user to have the Grafana server administrator role.
- Click Change.
The system updates the user’s permission the next time they load a page in Grafana.