Reviews from the community
- hi guys, is there a way to minitor multiple Vcenters in the same dashboard ?
June 6th 2021, 1:23 pm
- Hello i have question about cluster overview panel why you did specifie (vsphere_host_cpu and ,vsphere_host_mem ,vsphere_host_sys) and (vsphere_cluster_cpu and ,vsphere_cluster_mem ,vsphere_cluster_sys) i think the following measurement for hosts and not for clusters (vsphere_host_cpu and ,vsphere_host_mem ,vsphere_host_sys) thank you for your answers
April 28th 2021, 3:10 pm
by ahmed hadjam
- Anybody figure out the 100% CPU and memory thing? It's an awesome dashboard, but would really like to know the CPU and memory usage.
March 30th 2021, 9:40 pm
by collin leishman
- Hi everyone, I agree with Jeremy Gibbs. CPU and RAM are off the charts. Please let us know how to fix this issue. Thanks in advance
March 2nd 2021, 2:55 pm
- Hey Jorge de la Cruz, Works great, however the Cluster CPU shows 100% most of the time and the RAM utilization seems way off too. Using Grafana 7.3.1 and Telegraf 1.16.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
November 3rd 2020, 10:10 pm
by Jeremy Gibbs
- not working vCenter 7.
October 23rd 2020, 1:49 pm
- I would agree very nice work. I had that same issue with Cluster CPU usage showing 100% and looking at older version of the dash board found it using "SELECT mean" instead of "SELECT last". If this is changed the CPU totals drop down from 100%. I know all my clusters are not at 100% so I'm assuming using the select mean is the way to go? SELECT mean("usage_average") FROM "vsphere_host_cpu" WHERE ("clustername" =~ /^$clustername$/) AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time($__interval), "clustername" fill(none)
August 14th 2020, 6:10 pm
- Hello, the same issue with CPU Usage as in vSphere - Hosts: - by CPU usage per host - "CPU Usage %" - in query we should consider `cpu == instance-total" otherwise it doesn give you meaningful data - in both charts 'ESXi VM Quick Overview" and "CPU Utilization Avg %" SELECT last("usage_average") FROM "vsphere_host_cpu" WHERE ("esxhostname" =~ /^$esxi$/ AND "cpu" = 'instance-total') AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time($__interval) fill(null) Be aware of one more issue coming with Telegraf 1.15.0 and 1.15.1 - "clustername" is not tagged in the data causing issues with all charts where clustername is in use. (see https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/issues/7878 )
August 5th 2020, 8:12 pm
- Very complete dashboard. Beware of the InfluxDB version. The dashboard didn't work under Ubuntu 20.04 with the default version of canonical repo . I had to force the use of influxdata.com repo (eoan not focal) to get influxdb version 1.8.0.
June 14th 2020, 6:54 am
by Vincent Burgun
- Wondering if it's just me but the CPU Usage percentage on the latest revision always 100% which I know isn't right. Also on the hosts dashboard I have random hosts with the same issue which I know isn't right either
June 4th 2020, 12:52 pm
by Andre Fiano
- working perfectly in vmware 5.5. Very nice and useful!
March 26th 2020, 1:35 pm
- Hi, has anyone got this to work with VMWare 6.7? I've used it before on 5.5 and now wanting to get it up and working again on 6.7. any help welcomed please.
March 10th 2020, 7:22 pm
by Mark Cowley
- Thank you, great job, all Dashboards are awesome.
October 7th 2019, 8:20 pm
- April 2021 - Hi guys, new version of the dashboard can be found, and it should have the CPU Cluster issue fixed, take a look! Hello g0nz0uk, this deployment requires vCenter, as it does uses the vCenter SDK. Michael Gall - It does work starting vSphere 5.5 and above, so you should be fine with 6.7U2, I am in 6.7 U3, no issues. abitrusty - Hello, I have tried and it does import for me, have you tried latest versions of this dashboard? Gerson Martins - That should be fixed, thank you! mnozhaev - Working perfectly fine in vSphere 7, please make sure you are using the latest telegraf version, which should be 1.15.3 at a minimum.
October 3rd 2019, 11:10 pm
by Jorge de la Cruz
- Can't seem to get this to work for a single host on 6.7 U3, can anyone confirm theirs works?
September 22nd 2019, 9:13 pm
- Hi Guys, just a short question. I mentioned that the telegraf integration script is used for VMware vSphere 5.5 and 6.0. We are using a pretty current version of VMware vSphere within our Datacenter 6.7U2. Can someone please provide us an updated script? Please advise. Thanks a lot. Kind regards, Michael
August 16th 2019, 9:23 am
by Michael Gall
- This looks great but won't import for me. I've tried the ID and JSON. Just says import of dashbaord failed. I'm on the lastest version of Grafana, Telegraf and Influx. Any advice?
August 1st 2019, 4:15 pm
- Great job Jorge! Just on the line 445 to "Datastores - Usage Capacity" panel i think that missing the "datasource": "InfluxDB" to map the values. thank you.
July 24th 2019, 8:07 pm
by Gerson Martins