Calendar for Grafana
A panel plugin for Grafana to display calendar events from data sources.
- Change time range by selecting the days in the calendar
- Query calendar events from any data source
This section lists the available configuration options.
|Scroll to bottom||Automatically scroll to the end of the time range.|
|Text||Field to use as event text. Defaults to the first text field.|
|Description||Field to use as event description.|
|Start time||Field to use as event start time. Defaults to the first time field.|
|End time||Field to use as event end time.|
|Labels||Fields to use as event labels.|
If only Start is configured, events are considered instantaneous.
If End are configured, events are considered to have a duration. Any events that are missing an end time are considered ongoing.
Installing Calendar on Grafana Cloud:
Installing plugins on a Grafana Cloud instance is a one-click install; same with updates. Cool, right?
Note that it could take up to 1 minute to see the plugin show up in your Grafana.
For more information, visit the docs on plugin installation.
Installing on a local Grafana:
For local instances, plugins are installed and updated via a simple CLI command. Plugins are not updated automatically, however you will be notified when updates are available right within your Grafana.
1. Install the Panel
Use the grafana-cli tool to install Calendar from the commandline:
grafana-cli plugins install
The plugin will be installed into your grafana plugins directory; the default is /var/lib/grafana/plugins. More information on the cli tool.
Alternatively, you can manually download the .zip file for your architecture below and unpack it into your grafana plugins directory.
Alternatively, you can manually download the .zip file and unpack it into your grafana plugins directory.
2. Add the Panel to a Dashboard
Installed panels are available immediately in the Dashboards section in your Grafana main menu, and can be added like any other core panel in Grafana.
To see a list of installed panels, click the Plugins item in the main menu. Both core panels and installed panels will appear.
- Data links support (#25)
- New details view: Instead of relying on tooltips, this version uses an inline drawer to display additional details. I like this better, but the built-in drawer component has some limitations. I'm not sure I like that it's a modal for example. I might end up creating a custom sidebar component. Let me know what you think about the new design!
- Change "Apply time interval" to "Apply time range" to match Grafana
- Increase contrast for single-day events
- classicColors is (still) undefined (#16)
- Show event name if event starts in day out of filter (#13)
- More calendars and colors (#14)
- Line breaks in event description (#11)
- Show more details for individual events (#10)
- Multi-day events (#1)
- Display truncated events (#6)
- Allow string and number fields for time dimensions
Initial release. Not fit for production.