Why use Kubernetes Monitoring in Grafana Cloud?
Accelerate time to value
Reduce deployment, setup, and troubleshooting time with this ready-to-use monitoring tool that only requires running a few CLI commands or adding some small changes to your Helm chart.
Identify root causes faster
Drill down through your infrastructure with the cluster navigation view to identify and resolve issues, without the hassle of switching between different windows and monitoring tools.
Efficiency and cost monitoring visualizations deliver comprehensive insights into your spending, enabling data-driven decisions about resource allocation, scaling strategies, and tech investments.
Full visibility, from Kubernetes clusters to Kubernetes pods
Quickly move throughout your Kubernetes setup in a single UI. Start with a cluster view and drill all the way down to specific Kubernetes pods with just a few clicks.
- High-level monitoring provides infrastructure visibility
- Color-coded health visuals and icons lead to faster issue identification and resolution
Understand your nodes at once
Gain a bird’s eye view over the health, utilization, and configuration of your nodes.
- Discover all nodes in a cluster – their condition and pod density
- Resource usage forecasts
- Color-coded indicators guide node resource management
- See inside a node indicating associated pods’ health
Better insight into your resource usage
Dial in on cloud resource usage to optimize efficiency
- Discover unused and stranded resources
- Easily determine better pod limits and improved placement
- Understand your resource management policy imperfections
- Decrease your carbon footprint
Opinionated metrics and alerts
Access the Kube-state-metrics and alerting rules needed to effectively monitor Kubernetes clusters.
- A curated set of metrics to avoid cardinality explosion
- Community-built alerting standards
Instant Prometheus-correlated logs
Prometheus and Grafana Loki’s shared metadata keeps the exact same labels for your Kubernetes cluster, so accessing correlated Kubernetes metrics and logs couldn’t be easier.
Kubernetes Monitoring in Grafana Cloud provides out-of-the-box dashboards covering Kubernetes clusters and their workloads. These dashboards monitor:
- Resource usage
- Cluster operations
Gain better insight into your Kubernetes costs, spending trends, and potential savings with the cost monitoring feature, which is based on the open source project Opencost.
- Break down costs and resource allocation by cloud providers
- Organize Kubernetes costs by resource types
- Visualize savings vs. cost trends
- Get savings suggestions based on your resource usage
Create your free Grafana Cloud account.
Connect your data
With a few clicks, set up default configurations for prebuilt dashboards and alerting rules.
Data will stream from your cluster into Grafana Cloud.
Kubernetes metrics and alerting rules
Key metrics included*scrollable
Key alerting rules included*scrollable
Ready to get started with Kubernetes Monitoring?
Cloud FreePerfect for early stage and small teams. Free forever.
10k metrics, 50GB logs, 50GB traces, 50GB profiles, 500VUh of k6 testing, and up to 3 active users
- 14-day retention
- Grafana OnCall
- Grafana Incident
- Grafana k6 testing
- Synthetic Monitoring
- Grafana Alerting
- Infra integration catalog
Cloud ProPerfect for growing teams at only $29/mo + usage.
Start with 20k metrics, 100GB logs, 100GB traces, 1000 VUh of k6 testing, and up to 5 active users
Includes all features in Free, plus:
- Retention: 13 months for metrics; 30 days for logs, traces, and k6 test results
- Grafana Machine Learning
- Data source permissions
- Cloud SLA and support
- Query caching
- Reporting and export
- Optional add-on Enterprise plugin
Cloud AdvancedPerfect for global teams. Custom pricing.
Includes all features in Pro, plus:
- Customized retention
- Access to all Enterprise plugins
- Audit logging
- Enhanced LDAP
- Team sync
- Custom branding
- Dedicated technical account management
- Role-based access control