Why use Kubernetes Monitoring in Grafana Cloud
Time to value
Reduce deployment, setup, and troubleshooting time with this ready-to-use monitoring tool that only requires running a few CLI commands, or adding some small changes to your Helm chart.
Identify root causes faster
Drill down through your infrastructure with the cluster navigation view to identify and resolve issues, without the hassle of switching between different windows and monitoring tools.
Simple to scale
Developer-first by design, the application’s intuitive workflow makes onboarding new SREs and teams easy.
Drill down from Kubernetes clusters to Kubernetes pods
Quickly move throughout your Kubernetes setup in a single UI. With just a few clicks, start with a cluster view and drill all the way down to specific Kubernetes pods.
- High-level monitoring provides infrastructure visibility.
- Color-coded health visuals and icons lead to faster issue identification and resolution.
Understand your nodes at once
Gain a bird’s eye view over the health, utilization, and configuration of your nodes.
- Discover all nodes in a cluster, their condition, and pod density.
- Color-coded indicators guide node resource management.
- See inside a node indicating associated pods’ health.
Better insight into your resource usage
Dial in on cloud resource usage to optimize efficiency
- Discover unused and stranded resources
- Easily determine better pod limits and improved placement
- Understand your resource management policy imperfections
- Decrease your carbon footprint
Opinionated metrics and alerts
Access the Kube-state-metrics and alerting rules needed to effectively monitor Kubernetes clusters.
- A curated set of metrics to avoid cardinality explosion
- Community-built alerting standards
Instant Prometheus-correlated logs
Prometheus and Grafana Loki’s shared metadata keeps the exact same labels for your Kubernetes cluster, so accessing correlated Kubernetes metrics and logs couldn’t be easier.
Kubernetes Monitoring in Grafana Cloud provides out-of-the-box dashboards covering Kubernetes clusters and their workloads. These dashboards monitor:
- Resource usage
- Cluster operations
Create your free Grafana Cloud account.
Connect your data
With a few clicks, set up default configurations for prebuilt dashboards and alerting rules.
Data will stream from your cluster into Grafana Cloud.
Kubernetes metrics and alerting rules
The Kubernetes Monitoring solution in Grafana Cloud ingests a set of default metrics at a 60-second scrape interval. The set of alerting rules helps with setting up and running alerts for clusters and their workloads.
Key metrics included*scrollable
Key alerting rules included*scrollable
Ready to get started with Kubernetes Monitoring?To use Kubernetes Monitoring, you have three options in Grafana Cloud. All plans come with prebuilt dashboards plus metrics and alerting rules.
Cloud FreePerfect for early stage and small teams. Free forever.
Up to 3 active users
10k metrics, 50GB logs, and 50GB traces
- 14-day retention
- Grafana OnCall
- Grafana Incident
- Synthetic Monitoring
- Grafana Alerting
- Infra integration catalog
Cloud ProPerfect for growing teams at only $8/mo + usage.
Includes all features in Free, plus:
- Retention: 13 months for metrics; 30 days for logs and traces
- Grafana Machine Learning
- Data source permissions
- Cloud SLA and support
- Query caching
- Reporting and export
- Optional add-on Enterprise plugin
Cloud AdvancedPerfect for global teams. Custom pricing.
Includes all features in Pro, plus:
- Customized retention
- Access to all Enterprise plugins
- Audit logging
- Enhanced LDAP
- Team sync
- Custom branding
- Dedicated technical account management
- Role-based access control