Grafana datasource for Consul
This datasource lets you integrate key value data from Consul in Grafana dashboards.
The data can be used in table and single-stat panels. The following explanations are based on the example available in the example folder.
Adding the datasource
- Open the side menu by clicking the Grafana icon in the top header.
- In the side menu in the Configuration section you should find a link named
- Click the
+ Add data sourcebutton in the top header.
- Select Consul from the
- Fill in the datasource name, the Consul address and the Consul token
- Click the
Save & Testbutton
- Consul keys can be used as Dashboard variable values
- Numeric Consul keys can be retrieved directly and displayed in Singlestat panels
- Consul key/value pairs can be retrieved via Timeseries tags and displayed in Singlestat panels
- Consul key/value pairs can be displayed in Table panels.
This example shows how keys can be queried to use them as variables. This query retrieves all direct subkeys of
registry/apiregistration.k8s.io/apiservices/. The subkeys are then matched via the regex and can then be used as variable values.
This example shows how subkeys can be retrieved as tags. These tags can then be displayed in the Single Stat panel by defining a legend format. Note: This only works if
Value / Stat in the
Option tab is set to
The final examples shows how key/value pairs can be displayed in tables. Every matching key of the query results in one row. Columns can then be retrieved relative from this key.