Tempo documentation Manage
This section provides resources for managing and tuning Tempo.
- Tempo architecture
- Grafana Tempo data source
- Server-side metrics architecture
- Best practices for traces
- Monitor Tempo
- Use polling to monitor Tempo's backend status
- Tune the consistent hash rings
- Dedicated attribute columns
- Resize ingester persistent volume operations
- Enable multi-tenancy
- Improve performance with caching
- Tempo CLI
- Apache Parquet schema
- Tune search performance
- Search with Google Cloud Run
- Search with AWS Lambda
- Generic forwarding
In addition, the Tempo runbooks can help with remediating operational issues.
Was this page helpful?
Related resources from Grafana Labs
Additional helpful documentation, links, and articles:
Getting started with tracing and Grafana Tempo
In this webinar, we'll show you how to get started setting up Grafana Tempo, our open source, easy-to-use and high-volume distributed tracing backend.
Scaling your distributed tracing with Grafana Tempo
In this demo, we’ll show how Grafana Tempo allows you to scale tracing as far as possible with less operational cost and complexity than ever before.
How Grafana and Tempo 2.0 make it easier to explore distributed traces
Learn best practices for operating Grafana Tempo and tips and tricks to find and visualize "needle in the haystack" traces with TraceQL.