This is documentation for the next version of Grafana. For the latest stable release, go to the latest version.
Share a dashboard
You can share a dashboard as a direct link or as a snapshot. You can also export a dashboard. If you have made changes to the dashboard, verify those changes are saved before sharing.
To share a dashboard:
- Go to the home page of your Grafana instance.
- Click on the share icon in the top navigation. The share dialog opens and shows the Link tab.
Use direct link
The Link tab has the current time range, template variables and theme selected by default. You can optionally select a shortened URL to share.
To share a direct link:
- Click Copy. This copies the default or the shortened URL to the clipboard.
- Send the copied URL to a Grafana user with authorization to view the link.
Publish a snapshot
A dashboard snapshot shares an interactive dashboard publicly. Grafana strips sensitive data like queries (metric, template and annotation) and panel links, leaving only the visible metric data and series names embedded into your dashboard. Dashboard snapshots can be accessed by anyone with the link.
You can publish snapshots to your local instance or to snapshot.raintank.io. The latter is a free service provided by Grafana Labs that allows you to publish dashboard snapshots to an external Grafana instance. The same rules still apply: anyone with the link can view it. You can set an expiration time if you want the snapshot removed after a certain time period.
To publish a snapshot:
- Click on Local Snapshot or Publish to snapshot.raintank.io. This generates the link of the snapshot.
- Copy the snapshot link, and share it either within your organization or publicly on the web.
In case you created a snapshot by mistake, click delete snapshot to remove the snapshot from your Grafana instance.
Grafana dashboards can easily be exported and imported. For more information, refer to Export and import dashboards.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Demo: Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.