Add a contact point
Use contact points to define how your contacts are notified when an alert fires.
To add a contact point
- In the Grafana menu, click the Alerting (bell) icon to open the Alerting page listing existing alerts.
- Click Contact points to open the page listing existing contact points.
- Click New contact point.
- From the Alertmanager dropdown, select an Alertmanager. By default, Grafana Alertmanager is selected.
- In Name, enter a descriptive name for the contact point.
- From Contact point type, select a type and fill out mandatory fields. For example, if you choose email, enter the email addresses. Or if you choose Slack, enter the Slack channel(s) and users who should be contacted.
- Some contact point types, like email or webhook, have optional settings. In Optional settings, specify additional settings for the selected contact point type.
- In Notification settings, optionally select Disable resolved message if you do not want to be notified when an alert resolves.
- To add another contact point type, click New contact point type and repeat steps 6 through 8.
- Click Save contact point to save your changes.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Datadog, Splunk, MongoDB, and more
In this webinar, learn how to leverage Grafana's plugin ecosystem for access to 80+ data sources, including plugins for Datadog, Splunk, MongoDB, and more.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.