View Grafana server stats
Refer to Fine-grained access control in Grafana Enterprise to understand how you can control access with fine-grained permissions.
If you are a Grafana server admin, then you can view useful statistics about your Grafana server in the Stats & Licensing tab.
Note: Only Grafana server administrators can access the Server Admin menu. For more information about about administrative permissions, refer to Grafana server admin.
View server stats
- Log in to your Grafana server with an account that has the Grafana Admin flag set.
- Hover your cursor over the Server Admin (shield) icon in the side menu and then click the Stats & Licensing tab.
The following statistics are displayed in the Stats tab:
- Total users Note: Total users = Total admins + Total editors + Total viewers
- Total admins
- Total editors
- Total viewers
- Active users (seen last 30 days) Note: Active users = Active admins + Active editors + Active viewers
- Active admins (seen last 30 days)
- Active editors (seen last 30 days)
- Active viewers (seen last 30 days)
- Active sessions
- Total dashboards
- Total orgs
- Total playlists
- Total snapshots
- Total dashboard tags
- Total starred dashboards
- Total alerts
If a user belongs to several organizations, then that user is counted once as a user in the highest organization role they are assigned, regardless of how many organizations the user belongs to.
For example, if Sofia is a Viewer in two organizations, an Editor in two organizations, and Admin in three organizations, then she would be reflected in the stats as:
- Total users 1
- Total admins 1
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.