Enable service accounts in Grafana
Service accounts are available behind the
service-accounts feature toggle available in Grafana 9.0+.
You can enable service accounts by:
- modifying the Grafana configuration file, or
- configuring an environment variable
Enable service accounts with configuration file
This topic shows you how to enable service accounts by modifying the Grafana configuration file.
- Sign in to the Grafana server and locate the configuration file. For more information about finding the configuration file, refer to LINK.
- Open the configuration file and locate the [feature toggles] section. In your config file, add
serviceAccountsas a feature_toggle.
[feature_toggles] # enable features, separated by spaces enable = serviceAccounts
- Save your changes, Grafana should recognize your changes; in case of any issues we recommend restarting the Grafana server.
Enable service accounts with an environment variable
This topic shows you how to enable service accounts by setting environment variables before starting Grafana.
Note: Environment variables override any configuration file settings.
You can use
GF_FEATURE_TOGGLES_ENABLE = serviceAccounts environment variable.
For more information regarding on how to setup environment variables refer to Configuring with environment variables.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.