Manage users globally
A user is defined as any individual who can log in to Grafana. Each user is associated with a role that includes permissions. Permissions determine the tasks a user can perform in the system.
If you have server administrator permissions in Grafana, you can manage all users for a Grafana instance in the Server Admin section:
- Add a user
- Assign or remove Grafana server administrator privileges
- Add or remove a user from an organization
- Change a user's organization permissions
- Grant editors administrator permissions
- Force a user to logout from Grafana
- View a list of users
- View and edit a user account
For more information about users and permissions, refer to About users and permissions.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.