Build a plugin
For more information on the types of plugins you can build, refer to the Plugin Overview.
The easiest way to start developing Grafana plugins is to use the Grafana create-plugin tool.
Open the terminal, and run the following command in your plugin directory:
Follow the questions and you will have a starter plugin ready to develop.
If you want a more guided introduction to plugin development, check out our tutorials:
Learn more about specific areas of plugin development.
If you’re looking to build your first plugin, check out these introductory tutorials:
Ready to learn more? Check out our other tutorials:
Improve an existing plugin with one of our guides:
- Add authentication for data source plugins
- Add support for annotations
- Add support for Explore queries
- Add support for variables
- Add a query editor help component
- Build a logs data source plugin
- Build a streaming data source plugin
- Error handling
- Working with data frames
- Development with local Grafana
Deepen your knowledge through a series of high-level overviews of plugin concepts:
Explore the many UI components in our Grafana UI library.
For inspiration, check out our plugin examples.