Graphite is an open source monitoring system first developed by Chris Davis at Orbitz in 2006, and has since been adopted by various other contributors.
The Graphite ecosystem provides a scalable platform for gathering and storing time-series data, and a powerful suite of functions to query and analyze that data over time.
Grafana Labs is proud to support the development of the Graphite project by employing Graphite maintainers, building first-class support for Graphite into Grafana, and ensuring Grafana customers receive Graphite support and features they need.
Some particular contributions from Grafana Labs to Graphite include support for tags and a rewrite of the clustering subsystem. In the broader Graphite ecosystem, we also work on carbon-relay-ng and metrictank.
- How to stream Graphite metrics to Grafana Cloud using carbon-relay-ng
- Improving Graphite rollup and runtime consolidation in Metrictank and Grafana 7.0 with lineage metadata
- How a GCP Persistent Disk Incident Snowballed into a 23-Hour Outage -- and Taught Us Some Important Lessons
- Metrictank Data Distribution: The Quest for the Best Hashing Method
Products and Services
Grafana Cloud: Hosted Graphite
- Use our high-performance, Graphite-compatible hosted metrics service to easily and efficiently store metrics for your entire organization.
- Durably store metrics for 2 years for historical analysis.
- No commitments: Pay for only what you use with our usage-based pricing.
Enterprise Support for Graphite
- Get support and training from Graphite maintainers and experts.
- 24x7x365 coverage from our geographically distributed team.
- Per-node pricing scales with your deployment.
Related Case Studies
After trying to DIY, Wix embraces Grafana Cloud
Metrics is an important part of Wix’s culture, so Grafana Cloud was chosen to monitor mission-critical systems.
How Grafana Cloud is enabling HotSchedules to develop next-generation applications
The visibility for all these metrics helps service delivery teams quickly iterate on new features.
With Grafana, Gameforge solves metric visualization problems
The massively multiplayer online game developer displays the millions of metrics per minute their games produce and shares that data across game teams.