Grafana Application Observability is an observability solution designed to minimize the mean time to repair (MTTR) for modern application problems based on OpenTelemetry semantic conventions and the Prometheus data-model.
New and existing Grafana Cloud users can use Application Observability to get started with observability in minutes by using OpenTelemetry instrumentation and export data to Grafana Cloud or augment their current experience by enabling Application Observability on top of existing Cloud Traces usage.
Follow the quickstart setup documentation to get started with Application Observability for a local development setup.
Alternatively, consult the full setup documentation for production use cases.
Why use Application Observability?
Application Observability helps Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) and Developers to reduce the time it takes to:
- detect anomalies in services and applications
- identify the root cause of the problem
- fix the problem
Application Observability helps users with:
- Data Collection: open standards and lock-in free instrumentation with OpenTelemetry to collect metrics, traces, and logs.
- Anomaly Detection: pre-configured dashboards that help you to detect anomalies in your services and applications.
- Root Cause Analysis: pre-configured dashboards that help you to identify the root cause of the problem.