This is archived documentation for v2.1.x. Go to the latest version.
Grafana Mimir operator and user guide
This guide describes the decisions Grafana Mimir operators and users make and the actions they perform to deploy, configure, and maintain Grafana Mimir.
The intended audience for this guide includes:
- Operators who are responsible for deploying and configuring Grafana Mimir.
- Users who are responsible for viewing Grafana Mimir dashboards to troubleshoot production environment issues.
This guide contains the following sections:
- Getting started with Grafana Mimir
- Deploying Grafana Mimir on Kubernetes
- Grafana Mimir architecture
- Configuring Grafana Mimir
- Using exemplars with Grafana Mimir
- Monitoring Grafana Mimir
- Securing Grafana Mimir
- Running Grafana Mimir in production
- Grafana Mimir tools
- Reference: Grafana Mimir glossary
- Reference: Grafana Mimir HTTP API
Related Mimir resources
How to control metrics growth in Prometheus and Kubernetes with Grafana Cloud
This webinar will introduce a metrics cost management framework to optimize metrics growth while keeping rising costs at bay with Grafana Cloud.
Intro to Grafana Mimir: The open source time series database that scales to 1 billion metrics & beyond
Grafana Mimir webinar—learn about our open source solution for extending Prometheus at organizations needing massive scale, rapid query performance.
For billion-series scale or home IoT projects, get started in minutes with Grafana Mimir
Learn how easy it is to get started with Mimir, no matter how many or few time series you need to store.