Prometheus is an open source systems monitoring and alerting toolkit that collects rich metrics, and through its native language PromQL, makes those metrics queryable. Grafana provides out-of-the-box support for Prometheus, allowing users to quickly turn their Prometheus metrics into dynamic dashboards and visualizations.
In this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to deploy Prometheus in your own environment, spin up Grafana dashboards to visualize metrics, and implement Grafana Alertmanager for alerting. Grafana Labs technical experts will demonstrate how to set up a Prometheus server, add targets to monitor, and write queries in PromQL. They will also provide an overview of Prometheus-specific features, including push versus pull models and service discovery.
- Introduction to Prometheus, including how to start a Prometheus server and add targets to monitor
- Overview of Prometheus metrics and its data model
- Step-by-step guide to creating alerts with Prometheus
- Strategies for implementing alerting best practices with Grafana Alertmanager
- Live Q&A with Grafana Labs Prometheus experts