Log monitoring for faster troubleshooting at scale
Aggregate any log data instantly
Go from collecting to querying logs in minutes without worrying about log format, schema, storage tiering, sharding, or indexing.
Log everything with efficient indexing
No need to pick and choose which logs to monitor. Keep all the logs you need while maintaining a small object storage footprint thanks to our novel approach to indexing.
Identify root causes faster
Correlate logs to metrics and traces for rapid troubleshooting when incidents arise — or even before they happen.
Why use Grafana Cloud for log monitoring?
Consistent performance at any scale
- Run faster queries at scale with massive parallelization and query splitting techniques.
- Native support for out-of-order ingestion and bursts of logs, so no more lost logs.
Correlate logs and metrics for rapid troubleshooting
Grafana Cloud Logs mirrors how Prometheus works. The result? Logs consistently have the same metadata as metrics, making it easier for teams to onboard and get started querying and correlating data.
- Logs generated by an application can be correlated natively with Prometheus metrics to gain deeper insights and accelerate root cause detection.
- LogQL, the powerful query language used in Loki, allows complex queries involving field extraction, regular expressions, and pattern matching.
- Create metrics from logs to detect and alert on anomalies. Comes in handy when you can’t instrument your application with metrics or when you’re dealing with high cardinality.
Easy setup for log management
- Leverage Promtail, Fluentbit, Fluentd, Vector, Logstash, the OpenTelemetry Collector, and the Grafana Agent, as well as a host of unofficial clients for shipping logs.
- Pull in log data from many sources — including local log files, the systemd journal, GCP, AWS Cloudwatch, AWS EC2 and EKS, Windows events logs, the Docker logging driver, Kubernetes, and Kafka.
- All log formats are welcome, including JSON, XML, CSV, logfmt, and unstructured text.
Scale log volumes but not your observability costs
Trying to figure out what log data to keep and what to drop in order to manage rising logging costs? Don’t bother. You can store all your log data and still not get overwhelmed or surprised by your bills with Grafana Cloud.
- Logs are indexed using labels, which reduces the object storage footprint without sacrificing query speed or overall performance.
- Grafana Cloud Logs Export allows you to store log data in an external object storage of your choice — at no additional cost — for long-term archiving to meet compliance or auditing requirements.
Not ready for a fully hosted cloud-based observability solution?
Open source horizontally scalable, highly available, multi-tenant log aggregation system inspired by Prometheus.
Get started with log monitoring in Grafana Cloud
Cloud FreePerfect for small teams that are just beginning their cloud native journey and don’t want to manage their log data.
- Up to 50GB logs each month.
- 3 active monthly users.
- Always free. Never expires. Upgrade at any time.
Cloud ProBest suited for teams that are expanding their observability footprint, might not have a dedicated SRE team, and require greater scale and collaboration.
- Up to 100GB logs each month.
- 5 active monthly users.
Cloud AdvancedBest suited for teams who deal with massive scale, consider observability a critical service for business reliability, and will benefit from economies of scale.
- 100GB logs each month.
- 365x24x7 customer support with enterprise-level SLAs.