Prometheus® is an open source monitoring system developed by engineers at SoundCloud in 2012. In 2016, Prometheus was the second project accepted into the Cloud Native Computing Foundation after Kubernetes, and also to the second to graduate in 2018.
The Prometheus monitoring system includes a rich, multidimensional data model, a concise and powerful query language called PromQL, an efficient embedded timeseries database, and over 150 integrations with third-party systems.
Grafana Labs is proud to support the development of the Prometheus project by employing Prometheus maintainers, building first-class support for Prometheus into Grafana, and ensuring Grafana customers receive Prometheus support and features they need.
- Best practices for meta-monitoring the Grafana Cloud Agent
- ObservabilityCON Day 4 recap: a panel discussion on observability (and its future), the benefits of Chaos Engineering, and an observability demo showcase
- ObservabilityCON Day 2 recap: The latest Grafana Cloud tools for Prometheus to improve alerting, debugging, and scaling. Plus why continuous monitoring matters now
- Quick tip: How Prometheus can make visualizing noisy data easier
Products and Services
Grafana Cloud: Prometheus
- Use our high-performance, Prometheus-compatible metrics service for bringing together metrics from multiple Prometheus instances.
- Durably store metrics for 13 months for historical analysis.
- No commitments: Pay for only what you use with our usage-based pricing.
Enterprise Support for Prometheus
- Get support and training from Prometheus maintainers and experts.
- 24x7x365 coverage comes from our geographically distributed team.
- Per-node pricing scales with your deployment.