Prometheus® is an open source monitoring system developed by engineers at SoundCloud in 2012. In 2016, Prometheus was the second project accepted into the Cloud Native Computing Foundation after Kubernetes, and also to the second to graduate in 2018.
The Prometheus monitoring system includes a rich, multidimensional data model, a concise and powerful query language called PromQL, an efficient embedded timeseries database, and over 150 integrations with third-party systems.
Grafana Labs is proud to support the development of the Prometheus project by employing Prometheus maintainers, building first-class support for Prometheus into Grafana, and ensuring Grafana customers receive Prometheus support and features they need.
- GrafanaCONline session: The pace of Prometheus and Cortex innovation
- GrafanaCONline Advanced Prometheus hands-on training
- Try managed Prometheus for free with Grafana Cloud
- Video: Intro to Prometheus and Grafana Cloud
- Video: Introduction to observability with Prometheus
- Video: Run Prometheus-as-a-service with Grafana Metrics Enterprise
- How shuffle sharding in Cortex leads to better scalability and more isolation for Prometheus
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2021 preview: Grafana Labs team members talk about Cortex, Prometheus, observability, and distributed tracing
- PromCon 2021 preview: Prometheus remote write, Cortex blocks storage, histograms, and more
- Learn how to monitor your energy use at home with a Raspberry Pi, Grafana and Prometheus
Webinars and videos
- Always-enabled monitoring with Loki, Prometheus, and Grafana
- Building observability infrastructure on Istio using Prometheus and Jaeger at LastPass
- ConProf: Production-grade Prometheus for continuous profiling
Products and Services
Grafana Cloud: Prometheus
Import your historical data and unify all your metrics seamlessly within Grafana Cloud.
- Multi-tenant, highly scalable Prometheus metrics storage
- Custom long-term retention at 13 months
- Single query endpoint to centralize all individual Prometheus instances
Enterprise Support for Prometheus
- Get support and training from Prometheus maintainers and experts.
- 24x7x365 coverage comes from our geographically distributed team.
- Per-node pricing scales with your deployment.