Prometheus® is an open source monitoring system developed by engineers at SoundCloud in 2012. In 2016, Prometheus was the second project accepted into the Cloud Native Computing Foundation after Kubernetes, and also to the second to graduate in 2018.
The Prometheus monitoring system includes a rich, multidimensional data model, a concise and powerful query language called PromQL, an efficient embedded timeseries database, and over 150 integrations with third-party systems.
Grafana Labs is proud to support the development of the Prometheus project by employing Prometheus maintainers, building first-class support for Prometheus into Grafana, and ensuring Grafana customers receive Prometheus support and features they need.
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon EU recap: What you need to know about OpenMetrics
- Cortex, the scalable Prometheus project, has advanced to incubation within CNCF
- Scaling Prometheus: How we’re pushing Cortex blocks storage to its limit and beyond
- How we're using 'dogfooding' to serve up better alerting for Grafana Cloud
Products and Services
Grafana Cloud: Hosted Prometheus
- Use our high-performance, Prometheus-compatible hosted metrics service for bringing together metrics from multiple Prometheus instances.
- Durably store metrics for 13 months for historical analysis.
- No commitments: Pay for only what you use with our usage-based pricing.
Enterprise Support for Prometheus
- Get support and training from Prometheus maintainers and experts.
- 24x7x365 coverage comes from our geographically distributed team.
- Per-node pricing scales with your deployment.