Prometheus® is an open source monitoring system developed by engineers at SoundCloud in 2012. In 2016, Prometheus was the second project accepted into the Cloud Native Computing Foundation after Kubernetes, and also to the second to graduate in 2018.
The Prometheus monitoring system includes a rich, multidimensional data model, a concise and powerful query language called PromQL, an efficient embedded timeseries database, and over 150 integrations with third-party systems.
Grafana Labs is proud to support the development of the Prometheus project by employing Prometheus maintainers, building first-class support for Prometheus into Grafana, and ensuring Grafana customers receive Prometheus support and features they need.
- How we're using 'dogfooding' to serve up better alerting for Grafana Cloud
- What recent optimizations in the Prometheus storage engine, TSDB, will enable in the future
- How the Cortex and Thanos projects collaborate to make scaling Prometheus better for all
- Join our sessions on Prometheus and Cortex at PromCon Online
Products and Services
Grafana Cloud: Hosted Prometheus
- Use our high-performance, Prometheus-compatible hosted metrics service for bringing together metrics from multiple Prometheus instances.
- Durably store metrics for 13 months for historical analysis.
- No commitments: Pay for only what you use with our usage-based pricing.
Enterprise Support for Prometheus
- Get support and training from Prometheus maintainers and experts.
- 24x7x365 coverage comes from our geographically distributed team.
- Per-node pricing scales with your deployment.
Related Case Studies
DigitalOcean gains new insight with Grafana visualizations
The company relies on Grafana to be the consolidated data visualization and dashboard solution for sharing data.
Hiya migrated to Grafana Cloud to cut costs and gain control over its metrics
To scale Prometheus, says Senior Software Engineer Jake Utley, Grafana Cloud was ‘the most in line with what we wanted to accomplish.’
How Cortex helped REWE digital ensure stability while scaling grocery delivery services during the COVID-19 pandemic
Cortex’s horizontal scaling has been crucial; reads and writes increased significantly, and the platform was able to handle the added load.