Metrictank is a multi-tenant timeseries engine for Graphite and friends developed by Grafana Labs. Metrictank powers Grafana Cloud’s Hosted Graphite platform.
Metrictank provides long term storage, high availability, efficient storage, retrieval and processing for large scale environments. It also provides enhanced functionality such as meta-tags, per-request performance/cost statistics and controls to limit the impact of expensive queries.
Grafana Labs is proud to lead the development of Metrictank, building first-class support for Metrictank into Grafana, and ensuring Grafana customers receive Metrictank support and features they need.
- Watch talks on Cortex vs. Thanos, Metrictank past and present, and a preview of Grafana 7 from our recent meetup
- Meet the Grafana Labs Team: Florian Boucault!
- How a GCP Persistent Disk Incident Snowballed into a 23-Hour Outage -- and Taught Us Some Important Lessons
- Metrictank Data Distribution: The Quest for the Best Hashing Method
Products and Services
Grafana Cloud: Hosted Graphite
- Use our high-performance, Graphite-compatible hosted metrics service for bringing together metrics from multiple Graphite instances.
- No commitments: Pay for only what you use with our usage-based pricing.
Enterprise Support for Metrictank
- Get support and training from Metrictank maintainers and experts.
- 24x7x365 coverage from our geographically distributed team.
- Per-node pricing scales with your deployment.
Related Case Studies
After trying to DIY, Wix embraces Grafana Cloud
Metrics is an important part of Wix’s culture, so Grafana Cloud was chosen to monitor mission-critical systems.
How Grafana Cloud is enabling HotSchedules to develop next-generation applications
The visibility for all these metrics helps service delivery teams quickly iterate on new features.
With Grafana, Gameforge solves metric visualization problems
The massively multiplayer online game developer displays the millions of metrics per minute their games produce and shares that data across game teams.