Graphite is an open source monitoring system first developed by Chris Davis at Orbitz in 2006, and has since been adopted by various other contributors.
The Graphite ecosystem provides a scalable platform for gathering and storing time-series data, and a powerful suite of functions to query and analyze that data over time.
Grafana Labs is proud to support the development of the Graphite project by employing Graphite maintainers, building first-class support for Graphite into Grafana, and ensuring Grafana customers receive Graphite support and features they need.
Some particular contributions from Grafana Labs to Graphite include support for tags and a rewrite of the clustering subsystem. In the broader Graphite ecosystem, we also work on carbon-relay-ng and metrictank.
- How to stream Graphite metrics to Grafana Cloud using carbon-relay-ng
- Improving Graphite rollup and runtime consolidation in Metrictank and Grafana 7.0 with lineage metadata
- How a GCP Persistent Disk Incident Snowballed into a 23-Hour Outage -- and Taught Us Some Important Lessons
- Metrictank Data Distribution: The Quest for the Best Hashing Method
Products and Services
Grafana Cloud: Graphite
Import your historical data and unify all your metrics seamlessly within Grafana Cloud.
- Highly scalable Graphite metrics storage
- Custom long-term retention per original schemas (default 24 months)
- 100% of metrics collected. Zero sampling and zero aggregation.
Enterprise Support for Graphite
- Get support and training from Graphite maintainers and experts.
- 24x7x365 coverage from our geographically distributed team.
- Per-node pricing scales with your deployment.