The evolution of Grafana
Since it was started in 2014, Grafana has become one of the most popular open source projects on GitHub.
- Improved UX and page design
- New grid layout system for flexible dashboard building
- Dashboard Folders
- Datasource/dashboards config from files
- Explore for ad-hoc data exploration and troubleshooting
- Gauge Panel
- New Panel Editor UX improvements
- Google Stackdriver Datasource released
- Azure Monitor plugin core datasource
- React plugin support
- Named colors for improved color picking
- Removal of user session storage
- New Panel Editor
- Explore new tracing UI
- Usage insights for enterprise customers
- Transformations and simple Math operations for all data sources
- New plugins platform
- Cloudwatch support
- Time zone support
- Unified alerts
- Library panels for improved dashboards
- Real-time streaming
- Fine-grained access control
- Data source query caching
- New panels for bar charts, state timeline, histogram
- Plugin catalog
“The goal when creating Grafana was to make the things I found hard, and other people found hard, more easy and accessible. That way, more people could actually start instrumenting their applications and creating dashboards by themselves. Make the tools of observability accessible to everyone in an organization, not just the single Ops person.”
CGO, Co-founder, Grafana Labs
Community-driven development is at the heart of Grafana
Built on open source
- Projects used by millions of users
- 750k+ active installs
- 42K GitHub stars
Driven by the community
- Users are the DNA of Grafana
- 4M+ global users
- 1,550+ community contributors
Meet the Grafana contributors
Choose the version of Grafana that’s best for you
Get Grafana fully managed with Grafana Cloud or run on your own infrastructure with self-managed options.
Centralize the analysis, visualization, and alerting for all of your data with Grafana.
Install, administer, and maintain your own instance.
Fully managed observability stack
Offered as a fully managed service, Grafana Cloud is the fastest way to adopt Grafana and includes a scalable, managed backend for metrics, logs, and traces.
Managed and administered by Grafana Labs with free and paid options for individuals, teams and large enterprises.
Includes a robust free tier with access to 10k metrics, 50GB logs, 50GB traces, 2 weeks data retention and 3 users.
Self-managed with enterprise-grade features
Grafana’s powerful visualization and alerting, enhanced with access to Enterprise data source plugins and built-in collaboration features.
A self-managed option for organizations that have special requirements around data localization and privacy.