Why use Grafana for metrics?
Global, fast queries
- Query high cardinality data with blazing fast PromQL, Graphite, and Datadog queries.
- Merge query results from metric clusters running in different data centers or geographies to create a global view of your data.
- Get best-in-class query performance so you can quickly create real-time dashboards that can be shared throughout your organization.
Long-term storage that’s actually cost effective
- Easily scale to hundreds of millions of active metrics series at millions of data points per second.
- Durably store your Prometheus and Graphite data for trend analysis and capacity planning.
- Data is automatically and seamlessly shared among replicas, so you can grow and shrink the cluster on demand.
Simple and reliable
- With strict service-level agreements built in a fully HA manner, you can be confident that even at scale, or in case of an outage in your cluster, your monitoring system is up and alerting you.
- Take advantage of a fully assembled and configured monitoring stack out-of-the-box, so there’s no need to build systems from open source components.
- Rest assured that Grafana Metrics is fully supported and operated by the developers and maintainers behind Prometheus and Graphite.
Use the same tools you love
- Grafana dashboards Integrate with your existing Grafana dashboards to provide an easy-to-use UI to manage your clusters and tenants.
- Prometheus ecosystem Grafana Metrics can integrate with your existing Prometheus ecosystem, so there’s no need to manually edit and manage configuration files. View and edit your Prometheus-style alerting rules all in one place.
- Kubernetes clusters Integrates easily with existing Kubernetes clusters.
- Graphite Integrates with Graphite-based data ingestion and querying, so you can either modernize your existing Graphite systems or transition to Prometheus.
- Datadog Explore, visualize, query, and alert on your Datadog metrics in the Grafana UI with Grafana Cloud.
- Out-of-the-box dashboards and alerts for popular infrastructure components like MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Memcache, and more.
“We can audit our data to see which metrics have the highest cardinality, or to see which services are publishing the most metric series. This gives us an opportunity to know where to filter out metrics for the highest impact… We have wanted this level of visibility for years, and have never had it until Grafana."
Jake Utley, Senior Software Engineer
“Our engineers used to spend too much time fighting fires caused by our legacy platform. Hosted Prometheus and Grafana on Grafana Cloud was a huge win to give everyone their time back."
Patrick O’Brien, Lead Staff Software Engineer, SRE
“Even though some metrics are a bit technical, you can still provide business-oriented, Grafana dashboards that product owners and business users will like. This gives them a centralized control tower where they can view crucial metrics like how many users or active connections are on their platform.”
Lauren Bel, Head of IT Architecture & Innovation
Choose the version that works best for youTo use Grafana Metrics, you have two options:
Offered as a fully managed service, Grafana Cloud Metrics is a super fast and highly available Prometheus- and Graphite- compatible backend.
Managed and administered by Grafana Labs with free and paid options for individuals, teams, and large enterprises.
Includes a robust free tier with access to 10k metrics.
A self-managed Prometheus service that is seamless to use, simple to operate/maintain, and supported by Grafana Labs.
For organizations that have specific privacy or security requirements and need a self-managed environment.
Powerful open source metrics projects supported by Grafana Labs
Scaling and unifying your metrics
- Achieve maximum potential observability since metric limits are no longer a barrier.
- Save money by eliminating the overhead of a monitoring infrastructure, both in resources and people time.
- Easily store application and infrastructure data in one centralized cluster, or across multiple clusters, without needing a dedicated team.
Easily monitor and alert on your Kubernetes clusters
Offload the burden of managing your Graphite deployment
Explore, visualize, query, and alert on your Datadog metrics in Grafana Cloud
Correlate your data
Understanding all relevant data — and the relationships between them — is important for root-causing incidents as quickly as possible and identifying the real source of unexpected system behavior. Grafana allows teams to seamlessly visualize and move among all of their data, all in one place.