Grafana Labs Terms of Service
In addition to providing open source and proprietary software, Grafana Labs provides a platform and an official catalog for the Grafana community to create and share a wide range of plugins (data sources, panels, apps) and dashboards, covering a wide range of interests.
If you are looking for licensing terms for your usage of Grafana Labs’ proprietary software, the governing terms for such usage is the Master Services Agreement.
We believe that everyone should have the power to create and share plugins with minimal limits or restrictions. The key word in the preceding paragraph is minimal; in order to protect the experience and safety of our users, some “house rules” are required.
Plugins can be easily installed into your existing Grafana installation.
When you enable certain plugins that require an external account, you may be required to register or configure a third party account. Such accounts are subject to their own policies and we make no guarantees about any third party accounts.
When you install third party plugins that are not provided by or written by us, you are installing third party software on top of your Grafana installation. We make no guarantees about any plugin.
Please review our Plugins Policy if you are interested in publishing a plugin.
Using a company, business or product name, logo, or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to its brand or business affiliation may be considered a trademark policy violation.
Please review our Trademark Policy for further guidance.
USER AND ORGANIZATION NAMES
User and organizational names are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. We expect that your user/organization will immediately use your account, and we reserve the right to rename or remove inactive accounts at our discretion. We will not remove or rename any active account unless it is in violation of this policy.
Your username is your personal identity. It should either be a short form of your real name, or an alias or nickname that you use. All usernames are globally unique. Unless authorized, you should not use a trademarked name as your username.
If you are a personal user, you do not need to create an organization. If you do create an organization, you should not use the name of an organization that you are not representing.
Attempting to sell, buy, or solicit other forms of payment or benefits in exchange for user and organizational names is expressly prohibited and may result in permanent suspension.
USE OF DATA
Grafana.com uses strictly necessary session cookies only to ensure the proper functioning of the site when logged into your account.
ADDITIONAL COOKIES AND DATA SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We work with third-party service providers who support us in customer management and marketing campaigns.
We use the following service providers:
- Google Analytics - We use this service to track the performance of our website content. The tracking is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Facebook - We use the Facebook Pixel to track the success of an ongoing marketing campaign on Facebook.
- LinkedIn - We use a LinkedIn cookie to track the success of an ongoing marketing campaign on LinkedIn.
- Autopilot - We use Autopilot as part of our customer management.
- Clearbit - This service enriches collected information to give us a better understanding of our customer base.
- VWO - This service tracks the performance of our website content and allows us to do A/B testing of new content.
- Hotjar - This service tracks usage of our website content.
Some of these providers provide opt-out mechanisms on their websites:
- Google Opt-out page - https://adssettings.google.com
- Facebook Opt-out page - https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- LinkedIn Opt-out page - https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/62931/manage-advertising-preferences
- Hotjar Opt-out page - https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out