The Snap plugin has been deprecated and is no longer maintained.
Snap-app is an experimental application to allow Grafana to function as a web-based frontend for The Snap Telemetry Framework.
- list Snap tasks running on a the Snap daemon
- start, stop, create and delete tasks
- list metrics available from plugins loaded into the Snap daemon
- Stream metrics using the "watch tasks" functionality, where the metrics collected are pushed to a Grafana panel in real time
The app currently includes a Snap datasource.
- To get started, you will first need to add a datsource of type "Snap DS".
- In the datasource settings, the URL should be the url of the Snap daemon API (eg. "http://localhost:8181/").
- Next, on an existing or new dashboard, add a graph panel.
- In the query editor ensure the "snap" datasource is being used.
- you can then select an existing task to watch, or create a new task.
- to create a new task, type the name of the task in the "task name" field
- select the metrics of interest from the "Metric" field, using the "+" button to add additional metrics
- on the "actions" line, click "Create" to create the new task.
- Click the "watch" button on the "actions" line to have metrics pushed to the panel in real time.
Installing Snap on Grafana Cloud:
Installing plugins on a Grafana Cloud instance is a one-click install; same with updates. Cool, right?
Note that it could take up to 1 minute to see the plugin show up in your Grafana.
For more information, visit the docs on plugin installation.
Installing on a local Grafana:
For local instances, plugins are installed and updated via a simple CLI command. Plugins are not updated automatically, however you will be notified when updates are available right within your Grafana.
1. Install the Application
Use the grafana-cli tool to install Snap from the commandline:
grafana-cli plugins install
The plugin will be installed into your grafana plugins directory; the default is /var/lib/grafana/plugins. More information on the cli tool.
Alternatively, you can manually download the .zip file for your architecture below and unpack it into your grafana plugins directory.
Alternatively, you can manually download the .zip file and unpack it into your grafana plugins directory.
2. Enable it
Next, log into your Grafana instance. Navigate to the Plugins section, found in your Grafana main menu.
Click the Apps tabs in the Plugins section and select the newly installed app.
To enable the app, click the Config tab. Follow the instructions provided with the application and click Enable. The app and any new UI pages are now accessible from within the main menu, as designed by the app creator.
If dashboards have been included with the application, they will attempt to be automatically installed. To view the dashboards, re-import or delete individual dashboards, click the Dashboards tab within the app page.