kapacitor-grafana-datasource-plugin - a kapacitor backend datasource plugin for grafana
More documentation about datasource plugins can be found in the Docs.
Kapacitor Datasource Setup
- Go to Configurations and select 'Data Sources'.
- Go to 'Add data source' and select 'KapacitorSimpleJson'.
- In the KapacitorSimpleJson Datasource configuration, enter the URL of the kapacitor server. Please do not add '/kapacitor/v1/tasks' or any other apiendpoint in it, just enter the URL including the port number of the kapacitor server if required.
- Save and Test the settings.
Kapacitor Datasource Usage
- While creating a new dashboard use the KapacitorSimpleJson datasource.
- Once you select the KapacitorSimpleJson datasource in the Queries panel,a drop down menu to select the particular database will appear.
- Select the database whose alerts list you want to view.
- Under the Visualisation panel select Table.
- The list of all alerts on the selected database allong with its details will appear in the table.
This plugin requires node 6.10.0
npm install -g yarn yarn install npm run build
Installing KapacitorSimpleJson on Grafana Cloud:
Installing plugins on a Grafana Cloud instance is a one-click install; same with updates. Cool, right?
Note that it could take up to 1 minute to see the plugin show up in your Grafana.
For more information, visit the docs on plugin installation.
Installing on a local Grafana:
For local instances, plugins are installed and updated via a simple CLI command. Plugins are not updated automatically, however you will be notified when updates are available right within your Grafana.
1. Install the Data Source
Use the grafana-cli tool to install KapacitorSimpleJson from the commandline:
grafana-cli plugins install
The plugin will be installed into your grafana plugins directory; the default is /var/lib/grafana/plugins. More information on the cli tool.
Alternatively, you can manually download the .zip file for your architecture below and unpack it into your grafana plugins directory.
Alternatively, you can manually download the .zip file and unpack it into your grafana plugins directory.
2. Configure the Data Source
Accessed from the Grafana main menu, newly installed data sources can be added immediately within the Data Sources section.
Next, click the Add data source button in the upper right. The data source will be available for selection in the Type select box.
To see a list of installed data sources, click the Plugins item in the main menu. Both core data sources and installed data sources will appear.