Get performance metrics from Consul
This is a dashboard that provides performance data specific to a Consul Server (When using a dropdown menu that shows all available Consul Servers) or some metrics specific for the Consul Leader.
This Dashboard make use of the statsd-exporter and using a specific statsd mapper file. This file can be found here: https://gist.github.com/dj-wasabi/d9b31c4b74e561c72512f4edbdfe6927
It provides some of the following:
- Hostname of the Consul Leader
- How many Consul Servers are active
- Some information like CPU Idle and load (Required the node-exporter)
- Metrics like data written to disk and to other Consul Servers
- Metrics like tcp/udp messages from/to Consul
This is just a start, so not all covered and there might be better or other ways to achieve something. Please let me know if and how things can be improved.
Data source config
Upload an updated version of an exported dashboard.json file from Grafana