Hardware Sentry - Site
This dashboard exposes the energy usage and cost as well as the carbon emissions of a site (a data center or a server room) and its monitored hosts. It also provides data-driven recommendations to optimize the data center's ambient temperature and reduce cooling costs. (Dashboard 2 out of 3)
- Hardware Sentry OpenTelemetry Collector installed and configured. See Quick Start Guide.
- a Prometheus server configured to expose the hardware metrics collected.
- the Hardware Sentry - Main and Hardware Sentry - Host dashboards.
Note: Hardware Sentry OpenTelemetry Collector is free-to-use for Prometheus and Grafana users. Support plans are available.
Why using Hardware Sentry and its Grafana dashboards?
- supports over 100 platforms from the oldest to the more recent ones: Cisco, Dell EMC, IBM, Hitachi, HP, NetApp, Pure, etc. See full list.
- is a 100% software solution for energy usage monitoring (NO PDUs required).
- Hardware Monitoring: Detect and even predict failures in processors, memory modules, disks, network cards, controllers, power supplies, fans, temperature sensors, etc
- IT Energy Usage: Assess the power consumption of all monitored systems, even those which are not equipped with power sensors
- Carbon Emissions: Accurately determine the carbon emissions of your data centers and observe their evolution over time to ensure you are on track with your commitments to sustainability
- Data center temperature optimization: Accurately determine the maximum acceptable temperature of your server rooms and estimate the potential savings resulting from increasing the temperature by a few degrees.
- Detect all hardware failures
- Report the enery usage and carbon emissions of your data center and its monitored hosts
- Spot the top consumer sites
- Optimize the ambient temperature of the server room
- Estimate potential savings per site
Upload an updated version of an exported dashboard.json file from Grafana