The dashboard brings the following variables:
PROMETHEUS_DS: available Prometheus datasources.
job: Prometheus jobs with Kamon instrumentation. Multiple selections is enabled.
instance: Prometheus instances belonging to the selected jobs.
interval: interval time to use in the queries: 30s, 1m, 2m, 5m, 10m, 30m, 1h, 6h, 12h, 1d, 7d, 14d, 30d.
Jobs and instances are in Prometheus terms.
The Prometheus datasources will be detected and listed automatically on the variable PROMETHEUS_DS.
What does it include?
The following sections:
- Resource overview: general system recources overview at the current moment.
- Load / Heatlh: System load avg. and vm hiccups.
- CPU: both at vm and process level.
- Memory: vm memory and SWAP.
- Network: in / out bound and failed packets.
- Disk: space usage, data transferred and device operations.
- JVM metrics: heap, off heap and GC.
- Executor metrics: 6 graphs related to executor services.
Almost all metrics have a description.
What does it require?
How to install
If the app metrics follows the Prometheus convention for job and instance labels, no action is required. The app will be listed automatically on the variable job as well as the associated instances on the variable instance. If you have other labels to identify your instances you will need to adapt the variable instance.
Issues / questions
Feedback is always welcome!
For issues and questions please go to the repo cspinetta/kamon-grafana-dashboards.