This dashboard visualizes CPU, Heap, REST, Servlet, Connection Pool, Sessions, Threadpool, GC, and other JVM metrics.
This dashboard has been tested with Grafana 5.2.x, 6.0.x, 7.3.x.
View our Open Liberty MicroProfile 3.3 blog post for detailed setup instructions.
- Enable the /metrics endpoint by using the mpMetrics-2.x feature
- For mpMetrics-2.2 and below, you must also include the monitor-1.0 feature (automatically included when using mpMetrics-2.3 and above)
- Learn about Monitoring with MicroProfile metrics
- Check out our Open Liberty Guide on Providing metrics from a Microservice
scrape_configs section of prometheus.yml in one of the following ways.
For metrics on an insecure endpoint:
- job_name: 'liberty' scrape_interval: 5s static_configs: - targets: ['localhost:9080']
For metrics on an secure endpoint using Basic Authentication:
- job_name: 'liberty-secure' scrape_interval: 5s static_configs: - targets: ['localhost:9443'] basic_auth: username: "<your-username>" password: "<your-password>" tls_config: insecure_skip_verify: true scheme: "https"