This dashboard visualizes CPU, Heap, REST, Servlet, Connection Pool, Sessions, Threadpool, GC, and other JVM metrics.
*** New in revision 5 -- we've added visualizations to show the current count of slow and hung requests generated by the requestTiming-1.0 feature.
Tested with Grafana 5.2.x, 6.0.x, 7.3.x.
Works with Open Liberty servers running with mpMetrics-2.x or mpMetrics-3.x features. View our Open Liberty MicroProfile 3.3 blog post for detailed setup instructions.
- Enable the /metrics endpoint by using the mpMetrics-2.x feature
- For mpMetrics-2.2 and below, you must also include the monitor-1.0 feature (automatically included when using mpMetrics-2.3 and above)
- Learn about Monitoring with MicroProfile metrics
- Check out our Open Liberty Guide on Providing metrics from a Microservice
scrape_configs section of prometheus.yml in one of the following ways.
For metrics on an insecure endpoint:
- job_name: 'liberty' scrape_interval: 5s static_configs: - targets: ['localhost:9080']
For metrics on an secure endpoint using Basic Authentication:
- job_name: 'liberty-secure' scrape_interval: 5s static_configs: - targets: ['localhost:9443'] basic_auth: username: "<your-username>" password: "<your-password>" tls_config: insecure_skip_verify: true scheme: "https"