Important: This documentation is about an older version. It's relevant only to the release noted, many of the features and functions have been updated or replaced. Please view the current version.
Deploy Tempo with Tempo Operator
The Tempo Operator allows you to configure, install, upgrade, and operate Grafana Tempo on Kubernetes and OpenShift clusters.
Some of the operator features are:
- Resource Limits - Specify overall resource requests and limits in the
TempoStackCR; the operator assigns fractions of it to each component
- AuthN and AuthZ - Supports OpenID Control (OIDC) and role-based access control (RBAC)
- Multitenancy - Multiple tenants can send traces to the same Tempo cluster
- mTLS - Communication between the Tempo components can be secured via mTLS
- Jaeger UI - Traces can be visualized in Jaeger UI and exposed via Ingress or OpenShift Route
- Observability - The operator and
TempoStackoperands expose telemetry (metrics, traces) and integrate with Prometheus
The source of the Tempo Operator can be found at grafana/tempo-operator.
The operator can be installed from:
- Kubernetes manifest file on a Kubernetes cluster
- operatorhub.io on a Kubernetes cluster
- OperatorHub on an OpenShift cluster
The Tempo Operator is supported on Kubernetes 1.21 and 1.27.
The operator Kubernetes manifest installation files use cert-manger
v1 custom resources to provision certificates for admission webhooks.