This section helps with day zero operational issues that may come up when getting started with Tempo. The documents walk you through debugging each part of the ingestion and query pipeline to diagnose issues.
In addition, the Tempo runbook can help with remediating operational issues.
- Spans are being refused with “pusher failed to consume trace data”
- Is the Grafana Agent sending to the backend?
- Unable to find my traces in Tempo
- Error message “Too many jobs in the queue”
- Queries fail with 500 and “error using pageFinder”
- I can search traces, but there are no service name or span name values available
- Error message
response larger than the max (<number> vs <limit>)