Deploy Tempo with Tempo Operator
The Tempo Operator allows you to configure, install, upgrade, and operate Grafana Tempo on Kubernetes and OpenShift clusters.
Some of the operator features are:
- Resource Limits - Specify overall resource requests and limits in the
TempoStackCR; the operator assigns fractions of it to each component
- AuthN and AuthZ - Supports OpenID Control (OIDC) and role-based access control (RBAC)
- Multitenancy - Multiple tenants can send traces to the same Tempo cluster
- mTLS - Communication between the Tempo components can be secured via mTLS
- Jaeger UI - Traces can be visualized in Jaeger UI and exposed via Ingress or OpenShift Route
- Observability - The operator and
TempoStackoperands expose telemetry (metrics, traces) and integrate with Prometheus
The source of the Tempo Operator can be found at grafana/tempo-operator.
The operator can be installed from:
- Kubernetes manifest file on a Kubernetes cluster
- operatorhub.io on a Kubernetes cluster
- OperatorHub on an OpenShift cluster
The Tempo Operator is supported on Kubernetes 1.21 and 1.27.
The operator Kubernetes manifest installation files use cert-manger
v1 custom resources to provision certificates for admission webhooks.