MongoDB data source
MongoDB is a distributed document database. The MongoDB data source plugin allows you to visualize data from MongoDB in Grafana.
The following will help you get started working with MongoDB and Grafana:
The MongoDB data source has the following requirements:
- A MongoDB instance with at least one user.
- Any free or paid Grafana Cloud plan or an activated on-prem Grafana Enterprise license. Contracted Cloud customers should refer to their agreement.
- Port 27017 enabled.
aggregateread commands are supported
- See Diagnostics for a list of currently supported diagnostics commands
- Regex flags
sare not supported
Install the MongoDB plugin
To install the MongoDB plugin see Installation.
Provision the MongoDB data source
You can define and configure the MongoDB data source in YAML files as part of Grafana’s provisioning system. For more information about provisioning a data source, and for available configuration options, see Provision Grafana.
- name: MongoDB
connection: Connection string
user: user name
Get the most out of the plugin
After installing and configuring MongoDB you can:
- Add Annotations.
- Configure and use Templates and variables.
- Add Transformations.
- Set up Alerting.
- Set up proxying. See Configure a data source connection proxy for configuration instructions.
NoteProxying requires Grafana v10.x and the feature toggle