This is documentation for the next version of Phlare. For the latest stable release, go to the latest version.
Grafana Phlare documentation
In March 2023, Grafana Labs acquired Pyroscope, the company behind the eponymous open source continuous profiling project. As a result, the Pyroscope and Grafana Phlare projects will be merged under the new name Grafana Pyroscope. To learn more, read our recent blog post about the news.
Grafana Phlare is an open source software project for aggregating continuous profiling data. Continuous profiling is an observability signal that allows you to understand your workload's resources (CPU, memory, etc...) usage down to the line number.
Grafana Phlare is fully integrated with Grafana allowing you to correlate with other observability signals, like metrics, logs, and traces.
Core features of Grafana Phlare include:
- Easy to install: Using its monolithic mode, you can get Grafana Phlare up and running with just one binary and no additional dependencies. On Kubernetes a single helm chart allows to deploy in different mode.
- Horizontal scalability: You can run Grafana Phlare across multiple machines, which makes it effortless for you to scale the database to handle the profiling volumes your workload generates.
- High availability: Grafana Phlare replicates incoming profiles, ensuring that no data is lost in the event of machine failure. This means you can rollout without interrupting profiles ingestion and analysis.
- Cheap, durable profile storage: Grafana Phlare uses object storage for long-term data storage, allowing it to take advantage of this ubiquitous, cost-effective, high-durability technology. It is compatible with multiple object store implementations, including AWS S3, Google Cloud Storage, Azure Blob Storage, OpenStack Swift, as well as any S3-compatible object storage.
- Natively multi-tenant: Grafana Phlare’s multi-tenant architecture enables you to isolate data and queries from independent teams or business units, making it possible for these groups to share the same database.