This is documentation for the next version of Mimir. For the latest stable release, go to the latest version.
Grafana Mimir Send
Send metric data to Mimir
To send metric data to Mimir:
- Configure your data source to write to Mimir:
- If you are using Prometheus, see Configure Prometheus to write to Mimir.
- If you are using the OpenTelemetry Collector, see Configure the OpenTelemetry Collector to write metrics into Mimir
- Configure Grafana Agent to write to Mimir.
- Upload Prometheus TSDB blocks to Grafana Mimir by using the
backfillcommand; see Backfill.
Was this page helpful?
Related resources from Grafana Labs
Additional helpful documentation, links, and articles:
Intro to metrics with Grafana: Prometheus, Grafana Mimir, and beyond
In this webinar, we’ll go over challenges when scaling metrics systems, with a particular focus on Prometheus and Grafana Mimir.
Intro to Grafana Mimir: The open source time series database that scales to 1 billion metrics & beyond
In this webinar, learn about Grafana Mimir, our open source solution for extending Prometheus at organizations needing massive scale, rapid query performance.
For billion-series scale or home IoT projects, get started in minutes with Grafana Mimir
Learn how easy it is to get started with Mimir, no matter how many or few time series you need to store.