This is documentation for the next version of Mimir. For the latest stable release, go to the latest version.
Grafana Mimir Configure
Configure Grafana Mimir
Grafana Mimir’s flexibility is achieved through configuration.
- Tenant IDs
- DNS service discovery
- Anonymous usage statistics reporting
- IP address logging of a reverse proxy
- Runtime configuration
- Hash rings
- Object storage
- High-availability deduplication
- Metrics storage retention
- Shuffle sharding
- Query-frontend to work with Prometheus
- Custom active series trackers
- Configure queries to block
- Zone-aware replication
- Spread-minimizing tokens
- Out-of-order samples ingestion
- Resource utilization based ingester read path limiting
- TSDB block upload
- Mirror requests to a second cluster
- Configuration parameters
- OpenTelemetry Collector
- Native histograms
Was this page helpful?
Related resources from Grafana Labs
Additional helpful documentation, links, and articles:
Intro to metrics with Grafana: Prometheus, Grafana Mimir, and beyond
In this webinar, we’ll go over challenges when scaling metrics systems, with a particular focus on Prometheus and Grafana Mimir.
Scaling and securing your Prometheus metrics in Grafana Cloud
In this webinar, we’ll go over Grafana Enterprise Metrics (GEM), a simple and scalable Prometheus service that is seamless to use, and simple to maintain
12 min read
Less is more: How Grafana Mimir queries run faster and more cost efficiently with fewer indexes
By avoiding inverted index lookups in the Prometheus TSDB, Mimir's memory usage was reduced by up to 64%.