This is archived documentation for v1.6.0. Go to the latest version.
Set up the GEM plugin for Grafana
Grafana Enterprise 7.3.0 or higher.
Install the plugin in your GEM instance
There are multiple ways to install the plugin to your local Grafana Enterprise instance. For more information, refer to Grafana Enterprise Metrics app installation.
Enable and configure the plugin
- Log in to your Grafana Enterprise Metrics.
- Go to the Config/Plugins page and select the Grafana Enterprise Metrics plugin from list.
- From the configuration page of the plugin, enable the plugin by clicking on the Enable plugin button.
- Provide the necessary API settings so that the plugin can connect to your cluster:
- Access Token: Enter the admin-scoped access token that you generated when setting up your GEM cluster.
- Enterprise Metrics URL: Enter the URL of your GEM cluster. For single-process clusters, this is any node in the cluster. For microservice deployments, this URL is the GEM gateway.
- Click Save API settings.
- Verify that the plugin loads and can communicate with the GEM admin API endpoints.
- Navigate to the Grafana Enterprise Metrics plugin through the main menu to see the default access policy under the Access policies tab.
Now that you have correctly configured the plugin you can move on to setting up a GEM tenant and visualizing your data.
Related Metrics Enterprise resources
Running Prometheus-as-a-service with Grafana Enterprise Metrics
Introducing Grafana Enterprise Metrics (GME), a simple and scalable Prometheus service that is seamless to use, simple to maintain, and supported by Grafana Labs.
How Robinhood scaled from 100M to 700M time series with Grafana Enterprise Metrics
In this GrafanaCONline session, the Robinhood team tells how GME (GameStop) led to GEM (Grafana Enterprise Metrics).
Benchmarking Grafana Enterprise Metrics for horizontally scaling Prometheus up to 500 million active series
We stress-tested GEM to show how it horizontally scaled. One takeaway: Hardware usage scales linearly up to 500 million active series.