This is archived documentation for v1.6.0. Go to the latest version.
Grafana Enterprise Metrics
Grafana Enterprise Metrics is a commercial offering based on the open-source project Cortex. The commercial offering allows you to deploy a highly-scalable, simple, and reliable Metrics cluster in your own datacenter.
Grafana Enterprise Metrics features
With Grafana Enterprise Metrics, you get access to new features, including:
- Tenant management to easily scale from one to hundreds of metrics tenants on a single Grafana Enterprise Metrics cluster. Each tenant provides an isolated logical separation of the cluster. Operators have full control over the tenants running on their cluster, by either using the built-in API directly or the official Grafana Labs Grafana Enterprise Metrics plugin.
- Token based authentication to create and manage tokens with configurable access parameters to interact with Metrics tenants.
- Remote-write rule forwarding to forward series from your metrics tenant to any Prometheus remote-write compatible endpoint.
- Fine-grained access control to have granular control over what access your users have to data stored in GEM.
- Scalability enhancements like time-based sharding during compaction which allow GEM to support single tenants with hundreds of millions of active series.
- Out-of-the-box self monitoring to provide metrics and dashboards that make it easy to understand the health of your GEM deployment without any external dependencies or setup required.
- API-driven tenant limits to make it lightning fast to set and edit custom limits for a tenant.
- Per-tenant usage insights so that GEM operators can compare the read and write volumes of different tenants within their cluster and compare those volumes to each tenant’s custom limits.
- OSS Cortex compatible to ensure the
metrics-enterprisebinary can be seamlessly dropped into an existing Cortex deployment.
Try Grafana Enterprise Metrics
To purchase or obtain a trial license contact the Grafana Labs Sales Team.
To download the Grafana Enterprise Metrics binary visit the download page
- Set up GEM for setting up Grafana Enterprise Metrics.
- Configuration for configuring your cluster.
- Admin API reference to understand how to use the admin API.
- Node API reference to understand how to use the node API.
- OAuth to understand how to set up OAuth.
- Glossary to learn the concepts of Grafana Enterprise Metrics.
- Graphite to learn about the Graphite API in Grafana Enterprise Metrics.
Related Metrics Enterprise resources
Running Prometheus-as-a-service with Grafana Enterprise Metrics
Introducing Grafana Enterprise Metrics (GME), a simple and scalable Prometheus service that is seamless to use, simple to maintain, and supported by Grafana Labs.
How Robinhood scaled from 100M to 700M time series with Grafana Enterprise Metrics
In this GrafanaCONline session, the Robinhood team tells how GME (GameStop) led to GEM (Grafana Enterprise Metrics).
Benchmarking Grafana Enterprise Metrics for horizontally scaling Prometheus up to 500 million active series
We stress-tested GEM to show how it horizontally scaled. One takeaway: Hardware usage scales linearly up to 500 million active series.